Friday, August 17, 2018

The Value of Volunteering

Just yesterday, I was sifting through the numerous freelancing jobs on websites like Upwork, Homejobs, etcetera and etcetera.

I came to realize that most of this freelancing gigs needs “experienced” freelancers to take jobs such as social media management, virtual assistant work, and others.

To cut the story short, I am not yet experienced enough.

They are wanting Superstar, Rockstar, Amazing Freelancers. I’m sure many of the freelance employers have their own term for an excellent employee.

It’s my sensible belief to not claim myself to be a “Rockstar” freelancer. Maybe not just yet. Not with my current abilities.

Oh noes! Pity me, I don’t have the skills yadda yadda

You thought I was going to go downhill to being depressive again? No, this time I am going to fight.

What I think is the solution…

I started to search for “what sites to work for free for experience…”

Well, forgive me that I did not search for Virtual Volunteering Sites.

So Yes, I came upon virtual volunteer sites for charities while googling. And I must say that I like the idea.

The thought that you are making the world better and gaining something in return…

So am I wasting my time giving free work?

My answer is a big NO!


I believe that volunteering to charities with your preferred skills (e.g. marketing, data entry, etc.) will translate to Work Experience in your Resume.

That’s my point in today’s blog.

Also, I tried to contact an organization through those websites, We’ll see if I can find a suitable virtual charity work.

Volunteer Match is a nice website to offer your skills to deserving Non-profit organizations.

Seriously, if you are someone like me who is anxious to apply for physical work and hoping to find a freelancing job. Then, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment